Birthright Hawke's Bay Child & Family Care
Birthright Hawke's Bay Child & Family Care Trust opens its doors to children, young people and families.
Our mission statement is to provide co-ordinated services for the support and protection of children and families in Hawke’s Bay through strength–focused services that change lives.
Our qualified staff offer a FREE and CONFIDENTIAL service by helping people find practical solutions for day-to-day challenges.
Our services are:
• Social work support
• Tom Parker House Early Childcare Centre (0 - 2 year olds)
• Swinburn House Early Childcare Centre (2 - 5 year olds)
• Budgeting services
• Social worker in schools
Birthright Hawke’s Bay, Child & Family Care is a professional and confidential service offering an holistic social service to families whilst maintaining the care, protection, welfare and best interests of the child or young person.
We work within the principles of the Children, Young Persons and Their Families Act 1989 and The Treaty of Waitangi.
The goals, aims and objectives of Birthright Hawke’s Bay Child & Family Care are:
• To strengthen families
• To advocate for children
• To support children and their families to lead satisfying lives
• To develop confidence, life skills and the well being of children
and their families
• To prevent child abuse and neglect by providing counselling,
social work and education.